- Scientific developments (math model) and lab studies
- Feasibility Study
- Industrial survey
- Development of concept, process and technical solutions and activities to ensure a reduction of power consumption and gaseous and solid hazardous emissions to the atmosphere
- TOREX thinktank
In 2017 TOREX has announced start up of its engineering and lab facility which is designed to conduct the full-fledged pilot scale and other technological tests. The lab is equipped with the special-purpose equipment and being operated in Ekaterinburg.
Based on the lab studies and available technical data, TOREX scientific personnel has developed the deterministic math models for the new technologies to recover a granulated iron in the rotary hearth furnace (similar to ITmk-3, Hi-QIP). "NPVP TOREX” LLC has developed the math models for other process operations as well. In particular, there is a math model of the sintering process based on description of heat-and-mass transfer and phase transformations in material layer (combustion of solid fuel with after-firing carbon monoxide, reduction and oxidation processes, melting and crystallization of material). Adaptation of this model is conducted on the basis of balance test results run on industrial sintering plants. The model found its application for pre-design calculations in order to perform modernization of the existing sintering machines.
NPVP TOREX minds have improved a complex of instrumental measurements and heat losses tests. The following parameters are being determined by instrumental means:
- profile and bulk weight of the base pellet bed, bottom and side hearth layer;
- temperature fields of a heat carrier in the hoods;
- distribution of temperature, pressure and composition of gas within a height of pellet bed as well as at inlet and outlet of pellet bed along the length of IM;
- parameters of gas-air flows (temperature, pressure and flow rate) in the direct recuperators and gas duct system;
- operating parameters of burners and windboxes.
Experimental math models are applicable during processing of the survey results and heat losses tests. Those models describe the physical and chemical processes and gas-dynamic characteristics of the treated material bed along with the elements of a thermal unit and gas duct system. Predominantly, the said math models are originally designed by TOREX scientific personnel. The developed techniques as to the math model are used for each zone of operating straight grate IM in Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Brazil.
Reduction of power consumption and emissions of gaseous and solid matters to the atmosphere
Scientific minds of NPVP TOREX are focused on an improvement of process machine capacity along with reduction of power costs, having a strong commitment to meeting the environment standards. To do so, modeling and other solutions are applicable so as to diminish gas emissions into the stack.